According to the decision of the Russian Federation government, in order to ensure national security, protect the health of residents and prevent the spread of the new crown virus in Russia, from March 18, 2020, foreign citizens and stateless persons will be temporarily restricted from entering the Russian Federation.
These measures do not apply to foreign diplomatic missions and consulates in the Russian Federation, international organizations and their representative offices, staff and their family members dispatched or appointed by other foreign official agencies in the Russian Federation, international road transport pilots, aircraft Drivers, marine crew and river crews, train and locomotive personnel of international railway transportation, members of official delegations, and people holding diplomatic, official, or private ordinary visas (visas issued due to the death of relatives), long-term residence in the Russian Federation And those who transit through the air port.
In addition to the issuance of diplomatic, official and ordinary business visas to the above-mentioned persons, and the issuance of ordinary visas to foreign citizens and stateless persons who have gone to the Russian Federation due to the death of a relative, the Russian Embassy in China will be suspended as a foreign citizen on March 18 Process and issue all types of visas with stateless persons.
Foreign citizens holding a private passport can now apply for visas for the following purposes:
– Technical services* (it is necessary to provide an invitation letter from the Russian inviting unit through the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs)
– Seafarer* (The invitation letter from the Russian inviting unit through the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs is required)
– Medical* (requires an invitation letter from the Russian hospital through the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs)
– Work * (only for three-year multiple work visa)
*The inviting unit needs to submit a list of immigration personnel to the Russian Federal Border Security Agency
– For personal reasons (it is necessary to provide an invitation letter from the Russian citizen (family) through the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs)
Visas for other purposes are suspended.