Expedited Child’s Passport Instructions
Requirements for Children Under Age 16:
- One parent appears, signs, and submits second parent’s notarized Form DS-3053 , Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16 , authorizing passport issuance for the child or submits a notarized , written statement of consent from the non-appearing parent (including the child’s name and date of birth, as well as parent’s identification information or a copy of his/her ID) authorizing passport issuance for the child.
- Both parents must appears at the Passport Acceptance Facility to sign the application for the minor.
One parents appears, signs, and submits primary evidence of sole authority to apply (one of the following)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only applying parent, or
- Child’s certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate (with translation, if necessary) listing only applying parent, or
- Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel is restricted by that order), or
- Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent), or
- Court order specifically permitting applying parent’s, or
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent, or
- Death certificate of non-applying parent.
Step 1 Gather and Prepare U.S. Passport Application Documents
1. Completed Application DS-11 form online (No handwritten form )
Please click on the link at the bottom of this section to complete, and create your passport application (DS-11) online. After you fill out the form online, you will see at the bottom of the page a button that says “Create Form“, please click the “Create Form” button, and your application form (DS-11) will appear completed on your screen. Please note: passport agency doesn’t accept handwriting application form, all applications has to be created online only.
- Please print two copies of the completed application form (DS-11).
- Do not print the form on double sided pages.
- Do not sign this application form until you are instructed to during Authorization.
- After filling out and printing the form close the window to return to your passport instructions
If the child have never issued a social security number, please submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury to that effect.
Click here to complete and create your application form (DS-11) online.
2. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following documents)
- A certified U.S. birth certificate
- An expired U.S. passport
- Original naturalization certificate
Photocopies are not acceptable
Need help to get a birth certificate, please Click here.
3. Two identical passport photographs
Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance. Must be official passport-type only and approximately 2″ x 2″ with a clear background. The photo must be in color. Do not wear a hat, glasses or any item that covers the face.Face forward only, no side shots or profiles will be accepted. Homemade Digital Photographs are not acceptable.
Note: You may take your passport photos at Walmart, Walgreens or CVS.
4. Proof of Parent’s identification
- State issued driver’s license (at least 6 months old) bearing a photo
- Military I. D. bearing a photo
If you do not have a current driver’s license issued more than 6 months ago please click here to see the supplemental ID requirements.
5. Proof of Departure
Please provide one of the following items if you have one:
- A copy of your air plane ticket or
- A copy of your itinerary from the travel agent or airline or
- If you do not have a ticket or itinerary please click here.
6. Letter of Authorization
Please complete and print out three copies of Authorization Letter. This letter will authorize our company to submit and obtain the new passport on your behalf.
Please choose the correct Authorization Letter below base on the applicant’s birth month:
- Born in January and February: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in March and April: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in May and June: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in July: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in August: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in September and October: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in November and December: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
7. Processing Time & Fees
A. U.S. Government Fee:
Make one check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State” (this is the government processing fee).
- Passport Book: $178.32
- Passport Book and Passport Card: $193.32
- Write applicant’s full name and date of birth on the check or money order.
- All personal checks must show a printed address.
- Do not cross out and rewrite any information on the check.
- Temporary or starter check is not acceptable.
Make the second check or money order in the amount of $35 payable to the Post Office or Court House which you visit.
B. Processing Time & Service Fee:
- 3-5 business days processing: $449
- 6-9 business days processing: $349
- 10-14 business days processing: $249
8. Order Form
Click here to completely fill-out order form. You will be asked to input your personal information, order information, and payment information. After inputting your data, click on “Submit Order” which will create your completed order form, then print it out and sign it.
Step 2 Get Your Application Authorized
All first time or new applicants need to have their applications authorized by local government officials called Acceptance Agents (AA). Bring all of the documents listed above to a Passport Acceptance Facility and notify the agent you are using an expediting service to “hand carry” your application. As stated, please present all above listed items to the Acceptance Agent for approval. You will then sign the passport application form in the presence of the Acceptance Agent who will witness your signature and select the following items from the above list to place in an envelope.
- Application form (DS-11)
- Two passport photos
- Proof of citizenship
- Two copies of Authorization Letter
- Proof of departure
- Payment to “U.S. Dept. of State”
Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will be invalid. Important: Make sure the agent returns the sealed envelope to you. If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope, suggest that he/she refer to page 31 or 44 of their Passport Agent’s Manual, “Hand-carrying of Executed Applications”.
Step 3 Ship Documents to Visa Express
- The government sealed envelope from the Acceptance Agent
- Order Form
- One copy of Letter of authorization (other two copies should be inside the sealed envelope)
Attn: Passport Department
701 North Post Oak Rd
Houston, TX 77024