EXPEDITED Lost or Stolen Passport INSTRUCTIONS
Please Choose Lost/Stolen U.S. Passport Service if:
- You are unable to locate your current valid passport.
- Your passport has been stolen, and it is still valid.
Step 1 Gather and Prepare U.S. Passport Application Document
1. Completed Application DS-11 form online (No handwritten form )
Please click on the link at the bottom of this section to complete, and create your passport application (DS-11) online. After you fill out the form online, you will see at the bottom of the page a button that says “Create Form“, please click the “Create Form” button, and your application form (DS-11) will appear completed on your screen. Please note: passport agency doesn’t accept handwriting application form, all applications has to be created online only.
- Please print two copies of the completed application form (DS-11).
- Do not print the form on double sided pages.
- Do not sign this application form until you are instructed to during Authorization.
- After filling out and printing the form close the window to return to your passport instructions.
Click here to complete and create your application form (DS-11) online.
2. Completed DS-64 form (Statement regarding lost/stolen passport)
This form should be submitted along with the DS-11 Application. Click here to download DS-64 form.
3. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (one of the following documents)
- A certified U.S. birth certificate
- An expired U.S. passport
- Original naturalization certificate
Photocopies are not acceptable
Need help to get a birth certificate, please click here
4. Two identical passport photographs
Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance. Must be official passport-type only and approximately 2″ x 2″ with a clear background. The photo must be in color. Do not wear a hat, glasses, or any item that covers the face.Face forward only, no side shots or profiles will be accepted. Homemade Digital Photographs are not acceptable.
Note: You may take your passport photos at Walmart, Walgreens or CVS.
5. Proof of Identification
- State issued driver’s license (at least 6 months old) bearing a photo
- Military I. D. bearing a photo
If you do not have a current driver’s license issued more than 6 months ago please Click here to see the supplemental ID requirements.
6. Proof of Departure
Please provide one of the following items if you have one:
- A copy of your air plane ticket or
- A copy of your itinerary from the travel agent or airline or
- If you do not have a ticket or itinerary please Click here.
7. Letter of Authorization
Please complete and print out three copies of Authorization Letter. This letter will authorize our company to submit and obtain the new passport on your behalf.
Please choose the correct Authorization Letter below base on the applicant’s birth month:
- Born in January and February: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in March and April: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in May and June: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in July: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in August: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in September and October: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
- Born in November and December: Click here to download Authorization Letter.
8. Processing Time & Fees
A. U.S. Government Fee:
Make one check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State” (this is the government processing fee).
- Passport Book: $190
- Passport Book and Passport Card: $220
- Write applicant’s full name and date of birth on the check or money order.
- All personal checks must show a printed address.
- Do not cross out and rewrite any information on the check.
- Temporary or starter check is not acceptable.
Make the second check or money order in the amount of $35 payable to the Post Office or Court House which you visit.
B. Processing Time & Service Fee:
- 3-5 business days processing: $499
- 6-9 business days processing: $399
- 10-14 business days processing: $299
- 20 business days processing: $199
9. Order Form
Click here to completely fill-out order form. You will be asked to input your personal information, order information, and payment information. After inputting your data, click on “Submit Order” which will create your completed order form, then print it out and sign it.
Step 2 Get Your Application Authorized
All first time or new applicants need to have their applications authorized by local government officials called Acceptance Agents (AA). Bring all of the documents listed above to a Passport Acceptance Facility and notify the agent you are using an expediting service to “hand carry” your application. As stated, please present all above listed items to the Acceptance Agent for approval. You will then sign the passport application form in the presence of the Acceptance Agent who will witness your signature and select the following items from the above list to place in an envelope.
- Application form (DS-11)
- Two passport photos
- Proof of citizenship
- Two copies of Authorization Letter
- Proof of departure
- Payment to “U.S. Dept. of State”
Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will be invalid. Important: Make sure the agent returns the sealed envelope to you. If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope, suggest that he/she refer to page 31 or 44 of their Passport Agent’s Manual, “Hand-carrying of Executed Applications”.
Step 3 Ship Documents to Visa Express
- The government sealed envelope from the Acceptance Agent
- Order Form
- One copy of Letter of authorization (other two copies should be inside the sealed envelope)
701 North Post Oak Rd
Houston, TX 77024